Help with council tax

Help available if you are on a low income and struggling to pay your council tax bill

Reductions and discounts

Find out if you qualify for a reduction or discount on your council tax see Council tax discounts and exemptions

Council tax support

If you are on a low income and need help to pay your council tax bill, then you may qualify for council tax support. See How to make a claim where you will find the benefits calculator and a link to make a benefits or council tax support claim.

Universal Credit (UC) and council tax support are separate schemes and claiming UC does not automatically entitle you to council tax support. If you have recently claimed or been awarded UC and would like help with your council tax, see How to make a claim to find out more.

Universal Credit information on GOV.UK

Organisations who can help

If you are struggling to pay your bill and need advice and support, see Benefits and money advice

Further advice

If you would like further advice about council tax support, please email

Translate this website