- are larger than mice with thick tails
- usually live outside
- have kidney bean or raisin size droppings that are elongated
Home treatments for rats
An adult must be present throughout each visit.
Treatments typically involve:
- up to three visits, one week apart
- laying baits along any rats runs and in the drainage system (if required)
- information on the bait we have used, where they are, and if you need to take any special precautions
- taking measures to protect children and pets
Preventing rat infestations
To prevent rats from entering your home, you must:
- fix any holes in your home
- remove external sources of food such as fallen apples, pears, bird food or even water
- clear old furnishings, wood and overgrowth
- keep all refuse in your 'wheelie' bin and always close the lid
- keep compost in a secure bin
Noises from the loft are often caused by squirrels or birds, rather than rats or mice.
How much does it cost?
A pest treatment for rats and mice costs £142.10 and is for 3 visits to the property. We remove the bait if we find no evidence of pest activity on the third visit.
If additional visits are needed these will cost £44.10 each.
For commercial rates and information see landlords, commercial premises, restaurants and schools.
Make a booking
For queries about bookings and payments fill in our contact form or call us on 020 8753 1081.