Identifying garden ants or black ants
Black garden ants do not present any major threat to our health, but can become a real nuisance when they enter homes and workplaces in search of food and water.
These ants are:
- dark brown (even though they are commonly referred to as black ants)
- about 3 to 5mm in length
Home treatments for garden ants
An adult must be present throughout each visit.
Treatments in your home typically involve:
- 1 visit
- placing a suitable insecticide around the area of the nest and infested areas
- an advice sheet with information about treatment, where it was placed, and any special precautions needed
- measures to protect children and pets
Preventing garden ant infestation
To minimise risk of infestation you are advised to:
- keep floors and surfaces dry
- keep all food in sealed containers
- do not leave food scraps lying around
- keep all refuse in sealed containers
- do not leave refuse in the house overnight. Remove it to an outside dustbin
- regularly clean all kitchen work surfaces, especially last thing at night
- store all kitchen equipment in a cleaned state
- vacuum all floors regularly especially paying attention to food spills and waste
- pull out and clean behind and around all cookers, refrigerators, washing machines and other moveable equipment
How much does it cost?
A pest treatment for garden ants costs £53.90 for 1 visit for up to 4 rooms.
For commercial rates and information see landlords, commercial premises, restaurants and schools.
Make a booking
For queries about bookings and payments fill in our contact form or call us on 020 8753 1081.