- are brown-black
- can jump but cannot fly
- frequently originate from cats and dogs or their bedding
- like carpet and central heating
Bites from fleas are usually restricted to below the knees, bites more evenly distributed on the human body are more frequently caused by bedbugs.
Home treatments for fleas
An adult must be present throughout each visit. Treatments in your home typically involve:
- one visit
- a spray treatment for carpets and soft furnishings
- an advice sheet with information about the insecticide used
- measures to protect children and pets
Preparing your home for a flea treatment
To prepare your home before we arrive:
- remove and get rid of all clutter
- machine-wash all clothing and bedding at 60 degrees please follow label instructions
- vacuum carpets and soft furnishings
- get pets treated by a vet or use a flea collar or self-treat using a suitable flea tablets/drops following instructions
- move furniture from edges of rooms
All treated areas should not be cleaned, polished, or vacuumed for 2 weeks after the treatment.
How much does it cost?
A pest treatment for fleas costs £116.90
This price is based on one visit and three rooms - additional rooms cost £15 each.
For commercial rates and information see landlords, commercial premises, restaurants and schools.
Make a booking
For queries about bookings and payments fill in our contact form or call us on 020 8753 1081.