Open Age in Hammersmith & Fulham enables older people, aged 50+, to sustain their physical and mental fitness, maintain active lifestyles and develop new and stimulating interests.
The charity provides a wide range of physical, creative and mentally stimulating activities to enable older people to develop new skills, fulfil their potential, and encourage social interaction, thus helping reduce loneliness, isolation and depression.
Over 380 weekly activities are provided from a number of sites. See Centres and hubs
- Sessions that are health and fitness related such as dance, yoga, chair exercise and walking groups to creative and performing arts sessions and weekly groups with speakers.
- Daily computer classes and drop-in computer sessions from dedicated fully accessible Open Age computer suites as well as from other venues.
- Outings group arranges regular visits to attractions in and around London.
- Facilitated telephone befriending groups for those who are housebound and unable to leave their homes.
- Time For Me provides activities and trips out for older carers.
- Link Up staff work on a one to one basis and hand hold those who are isolated into activity helping break down barriers that are preventing them leaving their homes.
- The New Futures 50 Plus Employment Programme supports people over 50 into employment and training. There is also a drop in information service.