Helping residents through the cost-of-living crisis is our urgent priority at H&F.
With bills increasing and high inflation rates, we're doing all we can to support local residents. We have a Cost of Living package of support worth £10 million in 2022 and 2023 including the Household Support Fund.
This package, and other support across the council, includes:
- provided free breakfasts in primary schools
- abolished home care charges for elderly and Disabled residents
- frozen or cut service charges across the council in real terms
- supported the local foodbank and local charities
- expanded advice services for anyone in need of extra support
- made more funding available to help prevent emergencies and crisis
- provided financial help to low income families with essential living costs.
We are building an alliance of support – just as we did during the pandemic – working with residents, local businesses, third-sector organisations and others to find new ways to help people through these difficult times.
We are developing a Financial Inclusion Strategy with strategic partners to improve access to financial information, including debt advice, better access to affordable credit and financial services, and building residents’ financial understanding and capability.
We have and will continue to host cost-of-living conferences, bringing partners together to find new ways of helping residents navigate this crisis.
We will maintain our close support for charities like the Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank and the Nourish Hub. We will work with businesses and third-sector organisations to expand these schemes where they are most needed.
We’ve opened warm hubs throughout the borough with our partners that are free and open to all. Find them on our warm welcomes page – they’re free, warm, dry spaces that are open to all. Many also provide a warm drink and fun activities.
Household Support Fund
To support residents with the cost of living, H&F is distributing funds to local groups and residents in need from the Household Support Fund (HSF).
This funding will be used to help people in need with things such as energy bills and food. We’re working with local charities, voluntary groups and partners to make sure we can get the right help to those who need it, at the right time.
Find out more about the Household Support Fund
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
You can find out more about the help and support available from the council on our cost-of-living FAQs page.
Cost-of-living crisis team
The cost-of-living crisis team can help you to access support for the cost-of-living crisis. The team can provide guidance and advice on services and support across the council and wider.
- get a fast response by sending us a message using our cost-of-living enquiry form
- contact us on our free phone number 0800 917 6994. The line is open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- visit us at 145 King Street in Hammersmith, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or use our web assistant to help you find the information you need. You can ask for help from an advisor during office hours. See the speech icon in bottom-right corner of the screen.